Hello and welcome back to Diamond Digest’s Wendle (name inspired by Joey Wendle), our version of the very popular game Wordle (created by Josh Wardle)!
In our version, you will be trying to guess the last name of an active MLB player, and we will give you hints to try and make things a little bit easier if you choose to take them.
If you have never played any version of Wordle before here are the basics:
- You have 6 attempts to guess the word, after that it’s game over!
- A Gray Tile means the letter does not appear in the word at all, so it would be wise to avoid using them
- A Yellow Tile means the letter is in the word but not in the right position; mix it up until you figure out where it goes
- A Green Tile means the letter is in the word and is in the right spot, so leaving it where it lies may be a good idea
Today, we are bringing you a new twist: our Wendle leaderboard! Starting with today’s puzzle, if you post your scores on Twitter, you will make our leaderboard! To make sure we see you score, either:
- Reply to the Wendle tweet for the day
- Tag us in your post (@Diamond_Digest) with the score and date
- Use the hashtag #Wendle and post with the score and date
If you do one of those three things, you’ll compete for the top spot in the ranks!
To make the leaderboard more fair, we are limiting clue to two vague clues. Good luck to all and make sure to send us your scores (no spoilers of course)!
Wendle #8: March 7, 2022
For clues, scroll below!
Clue 1: This player actually has a negative career WAR. We are looking for his last name.
Clue 2: This player plays in the American League.